Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio to headphone's delay  (Read 4184 times)

ShaneTFletcher

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • If In Doubt, Check It Out
  • Experience: Experienced
Audio to headphone's delay
« on: September 27, 2012, 02:42:45 AM »
This has happened for a while now but when I listen to music through my headphones, the sound comes through the laptop speakers for a second and goes straight to the headphones.

Now, this happen's every so often and no software is conflicting with the audio. I have disabled all the third-party audio manager's you get with the laptop (HP) so its running off the Windows audio manager only.

I thought it may be a dodgy wiring on my headphones but it does it not every headphones I try. So maybe a hardware problem?
If In Doubt, Check It Out

truenorth

Guru

Re: Audio to headphone's delay
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:54:17 AM »
    Given this statement " but it does it not every headphones I try. " it sounds more like the problem is with the male connector (the one going into the computer's headphone jack) is the likely issue. I would only use the one(s) that do not cause this issue.truenorth

ShaneTFletcher

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 01:08:41 AM »
    A few days ago, I reformatted my laptop and just reinstall Windows 7 with a disk, not with the HP partition (don't like all the software's you get with the laptop).
    Around 2-3 months before, I did the same - reinstall the OS from a Windows 7 disk. In them 2 - 3 months, I had the same issue but fixed it by disabling all the Enhancements you can choose like Bass Boost, Virtual Surround, etc. (I had these ticked, thats when the problem started).
    However, this time I do not have any Enhancements ticked and I'm still having the problem.

To say so myself, I think I would be more a driver problem than a jack port problem.
    I will reinstall the audio drivers, let Windows updates reinstall them and maybe download the HP audio drivers and managers and see what happens from there.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 06:50:10 AM »
      when you are installing the operating system it is important to install certain drivers in a specific order. For instance the 1st one to install is the chip-set driver.When you have done your O/S reinstalls have you been doing that?truenorth

ShaneTFletcher

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 03:25:32 AM »
      HP laptops doesn't have chipset updates, its only the graphics card, network card, bluetooth (optional), SD card read and more.

The updates which I do first is all the hardware drivers, then the services packs, then the main updates.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 05:35:44 AM »
      If they didn't have chipset drivers how would the components work ? ?

It doesn't have to be an update neccessarily but as a rule of thumb ALL drivers need to be re-installed after  a re-install.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ShaneTFletcher

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »
      Nope, there is no chip set drivers within the HP drivers.

Even in the Windows Updates doesn't/didn't have a chipset driver update or install.

Let's also bare in mind that Windows 7 installs most important updates whilst installing the OS, my laptop only supports Windows 7 (well on the support drivers). Meaning that if I had Windows Vista, it would be slightly hard to find a chip driver which will work on my laptops model.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:41:17 AM »
      What model # is this laptop ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "