Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Upgradeing System  (Read 2171 times)

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
    Upgradeing System
    « on: September 28, 2012, 05:38:07 AM »
    I was going to upgrade my gaming unit so that it would be able to play more modern games.  I was planning on keeping the video, audio, PSU, DVD, Floppy, Harddrives.  Thing is that Im looking for something that can use a AMD Atalon 64 x2, DDR 2, PSU 20 + 4, Least 3 PCI, On Board Nic, SATA/IDE Connectors.  I was going to then use the parts to make a Server that are in there. 

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Upgradeing System
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:56:06 AM »
    I was planning on keeping the video,

Just wanted to mention that the Video Card is crucial to performance for games. What do you have for a video card. You might not want to keep the video card for newer Motherboard/CPU combination, and might want to go with more modern for more modern game performance.

Thing is that Im looking for something that can use a AMD Atalon 64 x2, DDR 2, PSU 20 + 4, Least 3 PCI, On Board Nic, SATA/IDE Connectors.

When you refer to SOMETHING, are you looking for a good application for this hardware as its 2nd life when it is decomissioned as the main system? SOMETHING can be just about Anything

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Upgradeing System
      « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 07:33:34 AM »
      ATI All in Wonder X1300, I dont really have funds to replace that an rather keep it as part of the system.  Im not building twoard a game would kind of be pointless.  Something like AC, Dead Riseing an some newer games......