Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost Hardware inside my computer  (Read 2747 times)

tweedytl

Topic Starter

Rookie

Lost Hardware inside my computer
    « on: January 09, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
    Ok, slightly unusual problem here.

I have a Dell Inspiron 530S computer, running windows 7.

It used to have Windows Vista installed. While Windows Vista was installed, I manually installed a graphics card; something from the NVidea family I believe. This was a few years ago. I installed the drivers for it, and it worked fine.

I have recently formatted the primary harddrive and installed a clean and registered version of Windows 7, and now it can't find the graphics card; it using the hardware the came with the computer, Intel G33/G31. I've tried opening up the computer to find the NVidea graphics card, but cannot remember what it is supposed to look like.

So, what should I do? Is there a way to make Windows find and start using the NVidea graphics card, as opposed to the Intel G33/G31? The hardware should still be connected.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Lost Hardware inside my computer
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:25:36 PM »
    The link below claims to have the driver for your Intel Chipset Family.
    http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/Intel%28R%29~G33%2FG31~Express~Chipset~Family.html

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 05:48:02 PM »
    If you have a Nvidia card installed, check the BIOS setup and or device manager (for any flags or marks) regarding the video card model and install by the support site. You can also use speccy to check on the video card model.

tweedytl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »
      Installing updated drivers for the G33/G31 at least has allowed me to play some the of games I could before, although they are a bit slower.

The device manager cannot find the Nvidea card, not sure how to check the BIOS setup.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »
      Pull the card out and run the FCC ID # on google and you will find the make/model #'s to locate the drivers...
      It may also state what brand/model it is somewhere on the card itself.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "