Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card not recognizing monitor  (Read 3205 times)

jbeer32

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Video card not recognizing monitor
    « on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:23 PM »
    I am going nuts here.  I pulled out my video card just to double check the model of it but when I immediately reinstalled it back on my motherboard, it will not recognize any monitor when the computer is turned on.  There is just a blank screen and the light on the lower right aspect of the monitor where you turn it on and off is orange instead of green.  The fan of the video card is on when the computer is on though, just no picture on monitor.  I have tried two different monitors to no avail.  The onboard video card never has worked so nothing there which is why I bought the video card in the first place.  The video card is installed correctly in its PCI Express slot.  The card is an nVidia GeForce 8500 GT.  PLEASE HELP!!! ???

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Video card not recognizing monitor
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »
    Could you try putting the video card on another PCI slot?

Accessless

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:36:48 AM »
    You could try cleaning the the graphics card connector pins and the PCI-E socket if it was a dusty PC. An attempt to re-seat the card may resolve the problem.

http://www.computerhope.com/cleaning.htm#12

Why did you pull out the graphics card? The model is listed in device manager.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »
    I pulled out my video card just to double check the model of it but when I immediately reinstalled it back on my motherboard, it will not recognize any monitor when the computer is turned on.
    Did you have a display on your monitor before removing the card?