Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connecting Client desktop to new wireless network...  (Read 2392 times)

Al Barrs

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Connecting Client desktop to new wireless network...
    « on: April 06, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »

In 2008 I asked for and received help on this forum installing an Ethernet LAN in my home. Now I am installing a Wireless LAN. Here is what I have: 1 new Lenova desktop w/Windows 7, a dlink router, Wildblue satellite service, 1 Dell C840 laptop w/Windows XP Home, and my old Dell Dimension 4500 desktop w/Windows XP Home. This will be a three computer wireless Network if I can ever get the computers connected.

I have the Lenova and Dell Laptop up, connected and running on my new dlink Wireless Router network, as well as I have my new HP Officejet 4620 up and running wireless too.

My problem:
    I don't know how to get my old Dell Dimension 4500 desktop reconfigured to connect to my dlink wireless network. It says it is attempting to connect but never does. I don't know where to go and what to change to pave the way for it connecting to my wireless network. It has a Wireless Adapter installed, as does the Dell C840 Laptop.

Any detailed instructions are greatly appreciates...

Thanks in advance,

Al Barrs
    ___
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:22:41 PM by Carbon Dudeoxide »

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Connecting Client desktop to new wireless network...
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
    Hello Al Barrs,

Due to our forum rules, I removed your email and location details.

Just to make sure, you are trying to connect your new Lenovo Desktop to a wireless network. Correct?

Are you using a USB Wireless adapter? If so, what brand/model?