Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: googl and windows internet explorer  (Read 3293 times)

whitjs

Topic Starter

Beginner

googl and windows internet explorer
    « on: May 04, 2013, 09:52:36 AM »
    The other day I had trouble with google and my desktop short cuts.
    When I click on my short cuts, ie. google, at the top in the blue bar I get Google-Windows Internet Explorer. This wasn't what I originally had and this heading shows up on all my shortcuts.
    I would like to get it back to when I would click on my google short cut and I would see at the top in the blue bar, Google- Mozilla Firefox.
    Can anyone tell me how I change back and get rid of the window internet explorer window coming up?
    Thank you in advance for any help!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: googl and windows internet explorer
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »
    Perhaps it's just me, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »
    I"m also not sure I understand your issue but I have the impression you want Firefox to be your default browser and you've inadvertently changed it to Internet Explorer.  So, assuming IE is set as the default browser, you should see a question from Firefox, when you open it, asking whether you want to make it the default browser.  If so, answer yes.  If you do not see that question appear when you open Firefox, this could indicate you checked a box telling Firefox not to ask again.  In that case, this reference can help you reset  Firefox as default: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43506/how-to-change-the-default-web-browser-in-windows/

whitjs

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »
      Soybean, thank you! Looks like you understood exactly what I was trying to say. Everything is
      back to normal for me now. Thank you very much!
      Sorry everyone for not being very clear!