Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSOD/Freezing HALACPI.DLL  (Read 2666 times)

Fox

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    BSOD/Freezing HALACPI.DLL
    « on: May 13, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »
    I have a problem with my HP Pavillion a6250 t, I recently upgraded my RAM and it was working fine for a while but then it started getting blue screens and freezes during certain processes. I downloaded blue screen view and all of them were due to the halacpi.dll (Hardware abstraction) and I checked the RAM to see if it was installed incorrectly; it was not. As a test I put my old RAM back in to see if it was indeed the RAM but the same issue occured, so I put the new RAM back in. So I thought it had to be software related, however I hadn't installed any new software. I ran Norton 360/Norton one, Ccleaner, Malwarebytes, and avast! and none of them found any viruses. So I thought it would have to be the drivers. So I tried to Update the drivers using Driver max/ Slim drivers, however both cause my computer to freeze and crash. I tryed running them in Safe Mode but it would not allow me to update them in safe mode.

Please Help

PS. My computer has Guaranteed freezes/crashes when ever I try to open Itunes. Im not sure why  ???. Another odd time it is a guaranteed crash is when I open abelton live, then open the VST plugin Massive in abelton. Now just opening massive is not an issue, I can adjust it anyway I see fit, but when I try to use a preset in massive it crashes :'(.
    It also crashes when closing google chrome, opening it is fine but when closing it crashes.
    Everything works fine in Safe mode.