Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: recieve an error message during live seminars  (Read 5394 times)

Phreedom76

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    recieve an error message during live seminars
    « on: May 23, 2013, 12:05:29 AM »
    I have to attend live seminars for my online computer courses. The seminars contain a live chat, audio from the professor, and a power point presentation. After a few seconds or minutes of being in the seminar, I lose audio and the chat freezes. When I type into the chat, I receive an error message that says: Connection closed v.1.1.16    the body of the message says "connection closed by server". the internet connection stays connected. it is wireless. please help. I have to write an essay for each seminar I miss. im tired of writing essays all week.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: recieve an error message during live seminars
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »
    it is wireless.

Have you tried with a wired connection to see if problem is resolved if available? What is your signal strength from where you are using the wifi (weak or strong signal)?

It sounds like your losing your wifi connection for some reason and the server disconnects you -or- your bandwidth is too tight for running all applications over the web from the wifi at times and due to excessive latency your are getting disconnected from the server.