Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ASUS laptop problems urgent help needed.  (Read 4301 times)

fasito

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    ASUS laptop problems urgent help needed.
    « on: June 22, 2013, 06:06:11 PM »
    I had a few a lot of problems with malware recently. Well quite honestly I don't know what it was. I was in school and super busy so I didn't bother checking what the problem was. I ran a malwarebytes scan a few times and nothing popped up, then I tried an anti virus scan from avast and avira but those didn't find anything either. Unfortunately in the mean time my computer was getting slower and slower. Until it was completely unresponsive. It would boot up fine, but once I logged in I couldn't do anything it simply froze. Then it got worse. I tried running it in safe mode and doing a scan from avast I believe. Then have this pre boot up scan option which I figured would be best. I didn't realize the scan would take more than 4 hours; because I'm a computer newbie so I tried fixing it on my own... Then everything went to *censored*. I don't really know what I pressed but my brother typed something into a command prompt box before boot up in "safety mode with command prompt"and that brought up a system recovery option. I figured he knew what he was doing, although I wasn't to pleased about returning my asus to factory settings. Unfortunately the recovery wizard keeps prompting me that it can't recover due to some files being corrupt. The worst part is that I didn't create a recovery disk when I got my laptop. I feel like such a dumbass.

Anyway, now whenever I turn on the laptop ( ASUS model R500V) it shows a black screen that says "Windows is Loading Files" above a gray stripe running across the screen. Then it goes into a funky blue ASUS background with various command prompt boxes in which I can't type in. They say that "Disk 0 is now the selected disk" "Partition 4 is the selected partition" Then it goes into a Recovery Wizard. Which tells me to pick between recovery options. None of them actually make the recovery successful as all lead to a windows error box saying that some file is corrupt. That message then leads to a huge red Error sign on a white screen.

What do I do? I really need my laptop for school and I'm super broke. Currently I don't even have 15 bucks to spare for repairs.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: ASUS laptop problems urgent help needed.
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 07:28:25 PM »
    Options are to borrow a Windows 7 Repair Disc from a friend, or borrow a friends Windows 7 disc and perform a Repair Installation using your key and not theirs... this option you may have to manually install drivers, or contact ASUS for a system recovery disc... but they costa round $40 with shipping.