Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet stops working  (Read 2593 times)

alexandraxerta

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Internet stops working
    « on: July 12, 2013, 09:13:38 AM »
    I've been having trouble with my Internet recently.
    It all started after I had installed an update for AVG Antivirus, but I don't know if this has anything to do with it; and I've scanned for threats various times but it never detects anything. What happens is it sort of like gets stuck: when I try to open a new tab it never stops loading, and with web pages too. If i'm watching a video or listening to music it stops buffering. The Internet works fine again once I restart the computer, but I fear it's becoming frequent and I have to keep opening new tabs and such to check it's still working.
    I use wireless network connection with a Belkin wireless adapter, and it tells me that the status is it's connected and the signal is Very Good/ Excellent, even when the Internet isn't working. When I try the option Repair it just gets stuck. I have other computers at home and my Iphone on which the Internet works fine, it's just this one computer...

jaymez019

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Internet stops working
      « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 03:52:32 PM »
      Good Afternoon,

Maybe you could disable the Web Browsing Protection to see if that resolves the issue.

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=88501

If that resolves problem but you prefer to leave it enabled try completing uninstalling, rebooting the computer and re-installing anti-virus application.

alexandraxerta

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
        Re: Internet stops working
        « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »
        Maybe, but it runs out in 6 days from now.

Luckily it's been quite good and hasn't stopped working since I've posted this subject...