Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recovery of Gmail account in Windows 8  (Read 6091 times)

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    Recovery of Gmail account in Windows 8
    « on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
    Have deleted my gmail account in error in Windows 8.  Have been to the gmail help site but, although i have given them my gmail address and reset my password (which they accepted) they keep asking me for an alternative email address before recovering my gmail account.

When I gave them an alternative email address, which they insisted on having, i still could not retrieve my gmail account.

When I tried to reopen my gmail account, the only thing that happened was that the gmail CREATE AN ACCOUNT PAGE kept popping up on the monitor.

Plse help as i am at a loss and there is no way I can contact gmail to explain my problem to them.

Many thks indeed.

Joe
    GUZEPPI

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Recovery of Gmail account in Windows 8
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »
    Did you access your account via web browser, like most people?  If so, then the version Windows has nothing to do with this.  If you thought Windows 8 was significant, please tell us why.

Secondly, you need to access gmail via web browser to delete an account.  So, I rather doubt you have actually deleted, or closed, your gmail account.  Again, did you normally access it via web browser, or did you set up your gmail account in an email client?

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Certifications: List
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Recovery of Gmail account in Windows 8
      « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 08:38:57 AM »
      Many thks.  Somehow, gmail returned to my computer but I don't know how.  I kept on frantically
      pressing buttons, and that did it!

You see, I am still a beginner in computer navigation, even though I have been practising for several years.

I am a 75-year-old pensioner, and my memory plays tricks with me.

Thank you again, and kind regards.

Joe
      GUZEPPI