Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can backup/restore usb drive transfer problem to remanufactered computer?  (Read 2782 times)

sjcdakota1

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I had to send my Gateway SX2110 WIn8 back to Gateway for "software issues".  I made a backup/restore usb drive before I mailed it in.  I just got it back, and I'm worried that it will transfer the software problems onto the remanufactured computer.  Is it possible?  If so, how do I get the files I need off of the usb?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: can backup/restore usb drive transfer problem to remanufactered computer?
    « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:46:49 AM »
    Simply plugging it in won't transfer any "trouble" files...they would have to be opened on the new PC for that to happen...
    2 things to consider:: you can run scans of all your protection apps on the backups beforehand...and also be very selective what you copy back over to the new PC and you should be OK.

NOTE: Programs cannot be copied back and expect to work...just files you need such as pics music etc.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "