Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yahoo Password Reset Broken  (Read 5445 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Yahoo Password Reset Broken
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:21:51 PM »
Nothing like having to reset password to e-mail account and i have verified I am who I am and have the right to change the password and no matter how complex of a password I enter for the new password it still says its weak.  :'(

Tried different browsers ( IE, Firefox, Chrome ), tried different computers and same result.

YAHOO PASSWORD RESET FAIL....

Looking online I saw this:  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130709223507AAcwRba

No help there... now on the phone on 30 min projected wait to talk with yahoo to fix this... OH JOY!!!  ::)   BTW... my wife is getting annoyed by the minute with the wait music on speakerphone. Hopefully the cordless phone has enough battery strength to last 30 minutes of playing music while I wait  :P

Hopefully no one ever has to go through this madness ... oh and Yahoo's phone number in case anyone does have to go through this in the future is: 1-800-730-2669

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Yahoo Password Reset Broken
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:10:56 AM »
After about 45 minute wait. Finally got connected with a cool guy at Yahoo who appeared to be in the USA possibly when calling at 1:50am which is impressive. I expected to get someone with broken english from another part of the world as I have with all other large giant companies that outsource their customer support.

Other than the long wait with not so great on hold music, I give the support when i finally got in contact with this guy a 10 out of 10.

In the back of my mind when on hold for 45 minutes I was thinking I was going to get disconnected while on hold and get sent back to the beginning of the incoming call pool as has happened many times in the past.