Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Slow keyboard  (Read 2923 times)

Harshman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Slow keyboard
    « on: January 09, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »
    Samsung Laptop
    Windows 8.1
    my keyboard is sluggish at times when using Google Chrome. It will speed up after I restart. It is not malware and because I can type in other programs while the Chrome is lagging a word doc for example is fine.
    Thanks for any help.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Slow keyboard
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:45:28 PM »
    There may be a script on whatever page your at that is causing the delay. What is the model of this computer to look at system specs and is it all web pages on Chrome or just specific ones? Have you tried using Internet Explorer to view the same site and does it lag also? If its a Chrome only issue then it may be a bug with Chrome or a script that is bugged causing Chrome to lag out.

My wife had an issue with Facebook lagging with keystrokes and complained to me about it the one day. I found out that there was a script on facebook that was making the lag, and other sites didnt experience this. Tried Firefox instead of IE and it was the same lag on facebook. My faster system didnt experience this, however her system specs are lesser than mine. The issue with Facebook and keystroke lag comes and goes and she has just learned to deal with it. All other sites are quick for the keystrokes to display, so its obviously a script that is lagging out the keystroke stream to the browser window. * Also to note that I scanned her system for malware and it came up clean with both Malwarebytes and MSSE antivirus check.