Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No response from system  (Read 3888 times)

Gabby65

No response from system
« on: March 24, 2004, 12:34:16 PM »
I  having a problem with my system. It stopped working  acted like my power supply died. Bought new power supply still not working, Installed new mother board not working. Retested power supply and installed still not working. Thinking possibly the processor is causing issue?? I order new 2.8GB proc to see if this is the problem..
Does anyone have any ideas?

besides buying a new system.. Actually I pretty much did.

jw

Re: No response from system
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 12:57:29 PM »
Does the fan in the power supply turn?

Gabby65

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 01:13:28 PM »
When connected to the board. It doesn't do anything.
I can multi-meter the power supply and it shows it is good. This is a 500 W power supply that I just put in it. I even tested my old Power supply and it shows good but I thought I would put something a little more beefy in there. The original was a 420 W power supply.

I can cross the pins to test and the fan kicks on.

jw

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 08:34:20 PM »
Sorry to say,  I don't have an answer to this one. I had a similar problem a few years back, but replacing the motherboard turned out to be the answer for me. I don't know for sure but I wouldn't think that the processor could be at fault.  I'll leave this one to the more experienced pc gurus that frequent this site.  

Digiboy

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 11:49:06 PM »
Same thing happened to  my system 2 weeks ago..... ???

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 12:25:56 AM »
    Gabby65......what were you doing when it stopped working.....? your power supply....how did you test it .....power it up and meter the output or was it still plugged into the board? If it tested ok when not connected to the board and nothing when connected to the board....check to see if the on / off button on the front of the case is working or if there's a reset button on the front that its not sticking open or the plugs on the wires coming from the front on/off switch or reset button are properly connected on the motherboard.
    You may have had the case open and dislodged these little plugs. That would certainly cause the symtoms you describe. The good news is now you have a spare poer supply and a spare motherboard.........LOL
    Hope this was of some help.

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.