Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc just built wont turn on  (Read 5323 times)

KhMeR

pc just built wont turn on
« on: July 21, 2004, 04:44:18 PM »
Well i just built my computer, here they are

lvmm3 ecs motherboard
athlon 3100+ cpu
512 crucial pc2100 memory
ati radeon 9200 128mb
wireless ethernet
mad dog 3-in-1 cd-rw drive
thermaltake xaser edition  11+ cpu fan
350 watt atx PSU
atx case

well the story here is wen i plug in the power supply to an outlet, the front of my case lights up the power button(green), and the status buttun(red) and when i press the button it wont turn on, please help, Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 04:46:54 PM by KhMeR »

merlin_2

Re: pc just built wont turn on
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 05:26:49 PM »
hard drive? o well check all the connections to the cpu ide cadle>drives...did the mobo come with a  floppy disk<drivers etc>?load it and see what happens?

KhMeR

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 05:05:15 PM »
do i need a floppy to make it work?

KhMeR

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 05:05:27 PM »
do i need a floppy to make it work?

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 03:33:17 PM »
your mobo shold have come with a floppy with contains data to help you sort out your system did it?<bios info etc.>also you fail to mention you hard drive ...ram sticks please state how you have built this....dont got mad here a lifetime is short....<kis keep it simple>
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 03:33:57 PM by merlin_2 »

KhMeR

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 10:56:34 PM »
all my mobo came with was a manual, and a motherboard support cd or installation cd

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 11:49:57 PM »
    KhMeR......What operating system have you installed or have you gotten that far yet? You will require a boot disk to allow you to load the required drivers etc to get the machine up and running. Is your hard drive formatted and ready to receive the o/s ?  You do have a hard drive installed.......

let us know
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

2k dummy

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 12:41:47 AM »
    Looking over the components he listed and allowing for a HD, I believe a 350 watt PSU is not going to cut it. In particular, the +12V rail. The PSU detects an overload condition and shuts it down. The high end graphics card and CPU alone will need about 140 watts in full use. Then there is the HD, rom drive, system fans, and hsf, all on the +12V rail. On startup (not actual operation) that is about another 90 watts. So we are looking at approximately 19A draw on the +12V rail. He will need a PSU that can supply 20 or more amps on the +12 rail.

southernlady

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 08:15:53 PM »
    It's also possible that you did what my husband did and  reversed two wires to the power button from the motherboard. Once he got THAT straight, it came right on. Liz

computer shopper dood

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 01:29:23 PM »
    well i did the same thing, i just switched 2 wires around and bam it came right on.