Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! CD ROM RESTARTS COMP.  (Read 2614 times)

rotfl19

HELP! CD ROM RESTARTS COMP.
« on: October 26, 2005, 06:53:11 PM »
can anyone help me plz. no one seems to have any answers for me....For some reason when i try to put a cd in the cd rom drive and run it, it restarts the computer  plz someone help. ??? :'(

oh you prolly want some info.. lol

well i just did a clean install and im trying to load everything back on  my computer but i cant because everytime i try to put a cd in the cd rom drive it restarts.  I just installed win 98 and i want to install winxp.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 07:04:26 PM by rotfl19 »

GX1_Man

Re: HELP! CD ROM RESTARTS COMP.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 07:13:22 PM »
What happened before this? How old is the CDROM? Could it be shot? Can you try another one? Did you install Win 98 because you plan to immediately upgrade to XP? If so, you don't need to do that at all.

rotfl19

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 07:34:46 PM »
before this it was doing the same thing but my computer was also restarting on its own even if i wasnt trying to run a cd rom. so thats why i did the clean install.  the cd rom is brand new. but we have two of them.  No i didnt install win98 so i could upgrade. i had xp installed before the clean install, i only did the clean install hoping it would fix my problems. i cant figure out why my computer keeps restarting for no reason.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:37:36 AM »
    Mumbojumbo post  ???

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 04:33:57 AM »
    Is that a binable offense?

Derek

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 04:56:33 AM »
    Is that a binable offense?

If my system rebooted at the slightest provocation, I'd say that would be a binnable offence, too. :P