Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How To Erase Safari History Completely?  (Read 9848 times)

Whitebeard1

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    How To Erase Safari History Completely?
    « on: May 26, 2014, 05:45:34 AM »
    Hey, how are you.
    I am one of those people who doesn't like others seeing my tracks in browsing. But I would not like my friends seeing what I'm doing and some of my friends are pretty computer-savvy. I wonder if I just click on 'clear history' or 'reset safari' within Safari will erase(overwrite) all tracks of browsing? I unsure of it.
    Maybe there's a location where the internet cookies, history, tracks etc are stored and I can overwrite them with a file shredder?
    Thanks for any help,
    Whitebeard
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

jackj

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: How To Erase Safari History Completely?
      « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 02:31:49 AM »
      To delete your history simply click on "History" in the toolbar up the top of your screen while Safari is selected, then go to the bottom and click "Clear History".

If you want to delete google searches so they won't appear if you type in part of the word(s) that you searched earlier, go to "Safari" in the toolbar up the top of your screen while Safari is selected, then go to "Reset Safari". Select what you want to clear and click "Reset". It's as simple as that

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph11911

Whitebeard1

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 05:05:14 AM »
        Hello, thank you for the reply. Like I said, my friends are pretty good with computers. I realized that if I just click on 'clear history' or 'reset safari' in safari, you can still see the sites I've visited via flash cookies. For example, on my mac, if you go to library>prefs>macromedia, you can still see the sites visited. I'm sure there are  many other ways to find out the sites visited?
        I kind of want to make it completely erased so that no-one can ever find out. I know that erasing something so it's gone FOREVER is not easy, but is there a more secure way than just clicking 'clear history'?
        Thanks.
        Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »
        Plain and simple...don't allow access to your PC since your friends obviously cannot be trusted...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 11:44:41 AM »
        I suggest you try CCleaner's Cleaner tool.  For info and downloading, go *here*.  I suggest you read all the info there and view the video.  Then, you'll be better prepared to effectively use CCleaner.