Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: where are my pictures HELP  (Read 2676 times)

Anne and Gang

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    where are my pictures HELP
    « on: May 28, 2014, 11:21:55 AM »
    Please forgive my computer illiteracy. I am a senior so am not familiar with a lot of computer terms. But I have Windows 7 on my PC Last night I was uploading pictures to my computer. Usually an icon flashes at the bottom of the screen and I follow the instrucions. (It says import pictures and videos etc). It did not flash so I unplugged the USB port to my camera and plugged it back in again. A different kind of icon flashed so I clicked on it and it gave me the same instructions only in a very unfamiliar format. It always gives me options to erase (after uploading) the pictures on my camera and I also see all the pictures that were just uploaded. I saw the pictures . They were uploaded. I just assumed they were uploaded to my Pictures file as usual. I have looked everywhere..there are no pictures from  yesterday anywhere. I looked in every single picture file I have ever taken and there are no pictures from yesterday and of course now the computer has erased the pictures on my camera so I cannot re upload them.  Any idea where m y pictures might be?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: where are my pictures HELP
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »
    Sounds like the pics are still on the phone...and not on the PC yet...
    Which phone/camera we talkin about here ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

CinCin

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 05:58:12 PM »
      Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you in moving forward with technology. 

I am assuming you are using windows explorer? which does have a great search function to look for specific files.

Windows Explorer Search:
      > Open windows explorer
      > Select the Windows (C:) folder that is located under the Computer Folder
      > In the Search Windows box type kind=picture

The returned results will display all pictures you have saved on your computer.

> Select the Date Modified heading and it will sort order your pictures by the date they were saved on your computer.   

If the pictures are there, then you will be able to see which folder they were saved in and you can then go to that directory with the use of Windows Explorer and move them to the correct folder.  Unfortunately if they are not there, then I don't think they were saved to your computer. 

If you are using windows, then give it a go and let me know if you were able to find your pictures.

Thanks
      CinCin

Anne and Gang

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 05:20:39 AM »
        thanks fo ryour reply...I was using chrome but I also have internet explorer...Iopened explorer but where is that windows C folder located..you say under the computer folder..where is the  computer folder?  in the browser?

CinCin

• Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »
          Good Morning, I hope the weather is much kinder to you then what it has been to me!  It is freezing here!.  :)

Anyway let's get back to business and try to find those photos :)

Open a new page in Internet Explorer
          >  where you see website addresses (Top left hand corner of the screen)  similar to  http://www.xxxxx .
          >  place your mouse on the  http://www.xxxxx and remove all characters till it is completely blank.
          >  then type c: in the blank box and select the enter key on your keyboard.

The windows explorer screen should open  :D

If the screen opens and you cannot see the folder C:Windows 
          > then you should be able to select on the view folder on top of the screen
          > select Navigation Panel and you should see C:Windows or even just Windows folder.

Once you have this screen in front of you then

> Select the Windows (C:) folder that is located under the Computer Folder
          > In the Search Windows box (it is generally located on the top right hand corner)  type kind=picture

The returned results will display all pictures you have saved on your computer.

> Select the Date Modified  heading and it will sort order your pictures by the date they were saved on your computer.

I hope this helps with locating those pictures

Thanks
          CinCin