Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: turned off durring first boot and now wont start  (Read 5779 times)

Gorthaur

turned off durring first boot and now wont start
« on: July 22, 2004, 01:16:31 PM »
I finished building my computer yesterday but had to go to work so waited untill today to turn it on and when I started it everything worked just fine and it started to boot. I got a message about how one of my IDE cables are too slow for a drive so it would be downgraded in speed. Then it said that a new CPU has been detected press F1 for setup. I pressed F1 and then it just hung there for about 7 seconds and then it just truned off.... I tried to turn it back on but nothing happened... I unplugged it and opened it up and disconnected some case fans thinking that maybe my 450W power supply wasnt good enough and then plugged it back in and turned it on. this time it stared up and was running tests again and gave the same message about the IDE cable and then it just turned off again. the small led light on the motherboard was still on but it wouldnt start up.  I found that if I unplug it and then replug it back in I can get it to light up the fan lights for a split second but it wont even start up now... ummmm help?

P4 530   3.0 ghz 775 socket
Motherboard : ASUS P5GD1
2x 512MB DDR 400
radeon rx600 xt
WD special edition 120gb hard drive
Asus 16x dvd rom
lite-on 52x cdrw
4 red led case fans
chiefmax 450w power supply

merlin_2

Re: turned off durring first boot and now wont sta
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 02:54:03 PM »
re-check bios settings

Gorthaur

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 02:59:45 PM »
It never booted far enough to let me into the bios settings.
And now it doesn't even turn on.
All I get is a flash of light on the cd-rw drive and the hard disk light on the front and then its off again.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 03:03:16 PM »
look at this website half way down the page>http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/   and look at the  list..in otherwords retrace your work?

Gorthaur

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 05:58:20 PM »
I found out it was the power supply that died after I tried turning it on with just the psu and the motherboard (no CPU). Didn't work untill I tried it with a different psu. Then when that little light stayed on I nearly cried.
Thanks for the help