Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NEED HELP!!!  (Read 3558 times)

Jasin Thomas

NEED HELP!!!
« on: July 23, 2004, 08:34:24 PM »
When I start my computer it says:

Invalid Boot Disketter
Insert BOOT Diskette in A:

I assume that means to put in the boot disk to help start the computer properly, but I just got this from my sister and I don't have the boot disk and I'm willing to bet she doesn't either.  Can anyone help?

2k dummy

Re: NEED HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 10:22:55 PM »
Go into the bios and change the boot order so that it looks at the hard drive before the floppy. If the hard disk is faulty or corrupted you will get something like "invalid system disk" and be prompted to insert a valid disk. You can create a boot floppy from a working computer and use that to boot up. If the machine in question has a cdrom drive, be sure to include cdrom support on the boot floppy. I always advise people to write protect their boot floppy after creation. That will prevent any virus that might be lurking on the hard disk from corrupting the floppy.

Jasin Thomas

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 07:32:30 AM »
thanks man, ill try that.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 03:44:54 PM »
www.bootdisk.com alter the bios del on boot ...boot from cdrom ....what o/s are you trying to install... the  invalid boot disk error message means you have used the wrong one <boot disk>we have all done this because we have not labeled it?time spent is time saved now there is a quote ;D
------------------------------------------------------------------------
more info helps us to helps you!