Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: the enabling of cookies  (Read 2933 times)

rolexg

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    the enabling of cookies
    « on: January 29, 2015, 07:44:05 PM »
    I have a inspire dell 530 it originally ran windows XP professional it was taken to the shop for minor work and when it was returned it had windows 7 on it at the time it was a welcome change. But know when the wireless Internet is used I am unable to access my my outlook , MSN and yahoo mail accounts I receive error message telling me I must enable cookies in my browser.  Now I have followed several diagrams to enable cookies but the computer is not responding.  I have the XP professional reinstallation CD can I reinstall XP so that I can enable cookies for the purpose of accessing my varies mail accounts?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: the enabling of cookies
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »
    That PC should have enough  space for a dual-boot install of both Windows 7 and Windows XP. However, I will not recommend it. Yes, it works for me, but it is a hassle to do.
    Instead, may I suggest you try different browsers. Besides IE, Firefox and Chrome, your could also try:
    Opera
    Lunascape 6
    Sea-Monkey

And there are lots of others.
    I think your problem is the browser, not the Operating System (OS).
    My preference is Firefox. I like version 33.1
    http://filehippo.com/download_firefox/59294/

But if not, use Windows  7  to free up some space on the hard drive (shrink) and create a new primary partition for Windows XP. After you install XP, the Windows  7 will not boot uyntill you do a repair from a Windows  7 recovery disc. Which you would prepare ahead of time.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: the enabling of cookies
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 04:59:38 AM »
    Did you pay the shop for this Windows 7 upgrade?  A genuine copy of Windows 7 would cost the shop around $100, if you didn't pay this then they have likely installed a pirated copy.