Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ram and Buzzing!  (Read 2626 times)

kibblelee

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Ram and Buzzing!
    « on: February 22, 2015, 01:11:36 AM »
    Hi I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    I purchased a custom built PC for my wife last year from a company I had used before, without any issues.
    However this latest PC has two issues I cant determine and unfortunately the company has gone into administration!

It is a desktop PC with AMD FX8320 eight core processor, Biostar A960D+ MB, 8GB DDR3 Ram and ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics.

The first issue is that if I run it with more than one stick of ram, it crashes into the blue screen.  I did a memtest and found one stick of ram to be faulty, so returned to the manufacturers, who replaced both ram.  I installed both ram and the same thing happened again, blue screen.  I have taken one stick out, leaving just 4GB and it runs ok.

The next issue is that it buzzes through the speakers most the time paired with a subtle interference type line across the screen at the same time.

I have read forums that keep suggesting new ram, but these have been replaced.  I have also read forums saying that there could be an earth loop regarding buzzing, but no suggestion on how this would be tested and fixed.

Any help regarding these issues would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance