Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Just installed Nvidia GeForce 210 on my G41M-VS3 R2.0 and the audio isnīt worki  (Read 4453 times)

Clrrr

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Just installed  Nvidia GeForce 210 on my G41M-VS3 R2.0 and the audio isnīt working.  I went into my Bios and enabled the onboard Audio and then when I go into managing sounds it still shows nothing.  I would appreciate it if someone knew how to solve this.  Thanks.

Clrrr

Topic Starter

Beginner

Help plz 

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Just wait.  At this time of night many members are either watched videos or are in bed.
      My motherboard is it? Which version of Windows? Have you ever had this issue before?
      Some video cards are not easy to install.  They can conflict with other hardware, unless you install the drivers in a specific  order.  But without the details of what PC you have, it is just a guess.

First guess. You should have installed the drivers first, then power down and install the video card.. That prevents Windows from messing up the installation. Did you do that? Or did you stick in the cared first?

Clrrr

Topic Starter

Beginner

I know I just wanted to use the audio on the computer, but yea I have with my other motherboard.  It did the same thing with this video card.  I just got this new motherboard ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0 and it did again.  The guy who fixes my computer put everything back together.  Drivers were installed after.  I have windows 7 portuguese edition.

Clrrr

Topic Starter

Beginner

Help Plz  :'(

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          Please stop bumping your thread. This is a forum not a chat room and people will respond when they can.

liquidc0d3d

Rookie

you dont need to panic, check for the audio drivers for your mainboard if is installed.

Next check the cable you are using for audio, if the are properly plugged and do not have been damaged.

Finally, check your volume  ;D

Clrrr

Topic Starter

Beginner

Yea it says the drivers are installed for the audio when I look at it through the list in control panel. The problem is that it isnīt showing any audio outputs on the bottom right of my screen.  It says I have no audio outputs available.

liquidc0d3d

Rookie

have you checked the connections of your cable? if they are really good i mean if there is no driver issue you should not encounter this error. Unless you did not installed the required drivers

Clrrr

Topic Starter

Beginner

Well I think itīs still not recognizing the onboard default audio of the motherboard because of the video card installation it did the same thing last time.  I went into the bios on my old motherboard to enable it and it worked.  On this one itīs not for some reason though.  When I click on the default hd audio in the system menu and click update driver windows says the driver does not need to be updated so yea I donīt know iīm really confused too.  If all else fails im just going to hook it up to my hd monitor and by an new hd cable.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
                  • Geek After Dark
                    • Gekk9pm bnlog
                  • Certifications: List
                  • Computer: Specs
                  • Experience: Expert
                  Reference:
                  http://www.asrock.com/downloadsite/manual/G41M-VS3.pdf
                  Page 11 shows this is an old design motherboard.
                  If you go back to the built-in VGA, does the sound work?

Clrrr

Topic Starter

Beginner

Nope. 

Clrrr

Topic Starter

Beginner

It still says in the device manager that my hd sound device is installed and working, but on the bottom right when I click the sound icon that has an x to the right of it and look for the audio to enable it or set is as the primary it says there is no audio to device installed.

patio

• Genius
                      • Maud' Dib
                        • Yes
                      • Experience: Beginner
                      Wrong drivers then...
                      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
                      • Experience: Beginner
                      I went into my Bios and enabled the onboard Audio and then when I go into managing sounds it still shows nothing.
                      Have you hit Save or Apply and Exit? Not sure if your video card is the culprit but just in case, see if the video or audio has settings of Auto to Enable and then check the difference. In device manager, check on system devices and see if there are flags related to audio that may need to be enabled.