Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win 7: Blue box vs green box?  (Read 2841 times)

frldyz

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Win 7: Blue box vs green box?
    « on: March 24, 2015, 04:03:52 AM »
    Im looking @ some sites for Win 7 64 bit professional.
    I see some sell a green box, some sell a blue box?

Also some say SP1?

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Win 7: Blue box vs green box?
    « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:35:43 AM »
    The green box is Home Premium, the blue one is Professional.  Why do you need professional?  If you aren't connecting it to an active directory domain or using multiple physical CPUs then there is no real need to do so.

Also remember that Microsoft set the pricing for Windows, if you see it being offered insanely cheap somewhere it is probably a scam.  You shouldn't expect to much less than $100 for Home Premium.  Stick to reputable sources like Newegg or Amazon.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 07:41:48 AM »
    What camerongray said is true.
     You may also consider using windows 8./1 instead of Windows 7. It seems that Microsoft would rather give away Windows   8.1 rather than drop the prrice on Windows 7.
    Myself, I see no reason to prefer any version of Windows 7 over Windows 8.1 at this time.  If you are willing to try Windows 8.1, you may like to read:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2139286/the-windows-xp-upgrade-question-windows-7-or-windows-8.html

EDIT: My profile says windows XP.  But actually I'm  using windows 8.1 at this moment. And I am using speech recognition to finish this bit.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »
    Also some say SP1?
    That means the version of Windows on the disc includes the SP1 (Service Pack 1) update to Windows 7.  If it did not include it, you would need to download it from Microsoft after installing Windows 7.  SP1 is a major update, much larger than normal updates Microsoft releases every month.