Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook? Need automated scheduling of sequenced...  (Read 2999 times)

Rob Toth

Outlook? Need automated scheduling of sequenced...
« on: November 12, 2005, 06:17:34 PM »
I'm hoping someone here can send an answer my way.

I need a scheduling solution. Specifically, I'd like to learn if Outlook can duplicate a sequence of events into the appropriate calendar days when an event happens.

For example, a customer buys our widget. As soon as that sale is made, the associate working with the customer should be able to activate/trigger an event in Outlook which, for the next 11 days would place a "to do" item in their Outlook calendar. Day 1 might say, call them and provide invoice. Day 2 might say, send thank you postcard. Day 3 might say, confirm order will be arriving in 2 days. Day 4 might say, call client and schedule time to go over product when product arrives. Etc.

But these should somehow "automatically" show up for each customer. So I'm trying to systemize these calls. And since I work in Outlook, I would like to see if Outlook can offer this.

I am open to ideas. If you'd like further clarification, please let me know.