Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple BSODs After Windows 8 Reinstallation  (Read 5052 times)

its_kehl

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Multiple BSODs After Windows 8 Reinstallation
    « on: July 08, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »
    Computer: HP Pavilion g7 (laptop), Windows 8 Pro 64-bit OS (x64-based AMD A8-4500M) installed on a 30GB SSD(Windows 8 barely fits), and a 1TB HDD instead of an optical drive.

Hardware: "AMD High Definition Audio Device" with an Advanced Micro Devices driver from 11/15/2013, "AMD Radeon HD 7640G" display adapter with an Advanced Micro Devices driver from 4/17/ 2014.

Virus Protection: I run Roguekiller once in a while, as well as MalwareBytes occasionally. I just ran both and nothing was detected on either.

I recently swapped my old 500GB HDD for a 30GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. I reinstalled Windows 8 with a 2012 disc onto the SSD(with only 2GB left), and some drivers such as my SD card reader have stopped working. I've manually updated my video card's driver from the official site, but I'm still encountering many BSODs such as a Bugcheck reboot, and multiple kernel related ones.

I still have my old harddrive with my old installation of Windows 8 on it, with the OEM drivers for this specific computer. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Multiple BSODs After Windows 8 Reinstallation
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »
    Thats way too small free headroom for Win to run properly....
    Did you manage to re-install ALL drivers after the win8 install ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "