Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Shuts off at random intervals  (Read 5063 times)

BriggsJack

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Computer Shuts off at random intervals
    « on: November 11, 2015, 02:48:27 AM »
    I have bought a new computer from gumtree and it has worked fine for around a month however recently it has been experiencing issues. It seemed to start happening when I began to play Dota 2 but its all I have been using the computer for since I began playing since I have loved it. Every so often I will be happily playing when the screen will go black and my monitor will notify me that their is not signal before restarting and working fine once again. When I bought the computer I became aware that it was running a pirated version of windows 8.1 and I am planning to buy the proper operating system within the next week. I am wondering whether this is the reason it shuts down as I remember reading somewhere that microsoft will make your computer restart every hour if you are running a pirated copy of windows. However it does not seem to happen every hour as sometimes it will run for extended periods. The crash often occurs within 20 minutes of the computer starting if it will occur. I was experiencing an issue with drivers that caused a BSOD but I seem to have resolved that issue through reinstalling windows. All fans in the computer are working fine so I do not think it is overheating however correct me if I am wrong about that. My PC Specs are:
    AMD Fx(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
    6 Gb of ram (3.98 usable)
    AMD Radion R7 200 series graphics card
    Asrock 980DE3/U3S3 R2.0 Motherboard
    Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer Shuts off at random intervals
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 05:41:07 AM »
    Your post is confusing since at the end you say you seem to have resolved it by reinstalling Windows. While I can assure you that the issue has nothing to do with Microsoft, I'm going to have to lock this thread. We cannot assist anyone who is running pirated software / operating systems.