Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can I make a 2 cd/dvd installer into a simple disc free installer?  (Read 3176 times)

sirgilmour

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Learning is the only way
    • www.maxartwurk.com
  • Experience: Experienced
Lets take any program that says insert disc 2 to continue installation in the middle of the process.
Can i simply use a software and put an iso of disc 1 and 2 in it and trick the installer into believing i put disc 2 in without even opening the cd tray once.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Can I make a 2 cd/dvd installer into a simple disc free installer?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:23:08 PM »
Why?
If you are a system administrator with hundreds of PCs to update over a local network , you would already know how to do it.
The forum can not help you with some kind of trick that would circumvent copyright protection for a single user installing the same software on multiple PCs.

Now if you can provide a clear example of why you must have this, somebody might help you.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »
More info...we have no idea what you are using for your backups...
Unless i missed somethin...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

sirgilmour

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Learning is the only way
    • www.maxartwurk.com
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 06:44:57 PM »
Power Iso did the trick.

It was for a music software that I was tired of looking for in my disc library, also i was worried at some point the disc would be too scratched to be correctly read so i wanted to put it on my pc for that matter.

What i did was to put both iso on my hdd, power iso can mount both isos as a cd/dvd drive example: K:/ and after installing the 1st disc from that letter, when i got to the message "please insert disc 2" I unmounted the K:/ drive and mounted the second iso as the K:/ drive, then i pressed "ok" on the "insert disc" screen and voilą.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:59:44 PM by sirgilmour »