Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: out dated web page and address  (Read 4587 times)

lindyinPA

out dated web page and address
« on: July 27, 2004, 05:08:59 PM »
please help...
i'm wondering how i'm able to delete or get rid of old, out dated web pages or addresses of a formerly active page?

for instance....if a web site was once viable and active...but now the web site is closed and the information is no longer relevant or accurate....how can i DELETE or get rid of the address?   i don't want anyone to be able to even SEARCH on this past/previously correct information, which now is NOT accurate.  the web site no longer exists...but the first lines, address, etc show up when one does a search on a name or word that relates to the former site.  

any help???  thanks.

2k dummy

Re: out dated web page and address
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 05:42:51 PM »
Sorry, but there is nothing you can do. As long as there are fragments or references in a search engines cache it will still show up. Over time they will expire from the caches.

Raptor

Re: out dated web page and address
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 04:48:38 AM »
You mean you want all traces of it removed from YOUR computer? You cannot remove it from the online web it self.

Go to:

(Internet Explorer 6.0)

• Extra
  • Internet Options
  • Clean cache, history and cookies (This will remove all previous browsing history)

Or:

(Windows XP)

• Start
  • Settings
  • Configuration
  • Internet Options
  • Clean cache, history and cookies (This will remove all previous browsing history)

This will clear (most) traces of previously visited websites on your computer.