Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help on current problems!  (Read 2663 times)

Oratic

Topic Starter

Starter

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
  • Experience: Familiar
Help on current problems!
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:58:23 PM »
Hi all this is my first post here, because I am in desperate need of help. I currently have a computer that my cousin himself made me and he put the parts together and such, I am now moved away from him and sort of want to get some outside help on the computer. Currently I know for sure that I will need a new case and at the moment I do need help choosing what is good. For the case I want a case that has a good amount of fans that is quiet, but keeps everything cool. Another problem is that lately if I open Speccy to check my temperature of my GPU it has been idling at around 70 just on the desktop with only speccy running,if I run a sort of small game like League of Legends it starts running at 80-85. I am pretty sure the case and the GPU will have to be replaced, maybe even the power supply. I have my tax return coming up and I just want good suggestions, I already have my eye on the graphics card that I want, was looking at this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487159&cm_re=Nvidia_GeForce_GTX_950-_-14-487-157-_-Product), let me know if you think it's a good choice! For the power supply and case I really have no idea what works with what and how well, I do know how to hook everything up, I just don't know the market and what works well with what. Thank you for anyone that responds and gives a helping hand!

Current Build:
Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER - Black Gaming ATX Mid
CPU: AMD FX-8120   Zambezi 32nm Technology
Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693)
GPU: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Hard Drive and SSD: 931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 ATA Device (SATA)   
111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB ATA Device (SSD)
Power supply:

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Help on current problems!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »
If you run computer with side panel off does the GPU temps go back to normal? If it does then you know its a case issue with airflow.

Have you checked to make sure the fan isnt  clogged with dust and is spinning properly on the video card.

The other thing that can cause the over temp of GPU is if the heatpad or thermal compound has broken its bond with the GPU and heatsink face. So removing heatsink to GPU and removing old compound or heatpad and then new night fix it if the fan is fine and heatsink not clogged up.

Oratic

Topic Starter

Starter

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Help on current problems!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 07:25:54 AM »
If you run computer with side panel off does the GPU temps go back to normal? If it does then you know its a case issue with airflow.

Have you checked to make sure the fan isnt  clogged with dust and is spinning properly on the video card.

The other thing that can cause the over temp of GPU is if the heatpad or thermal compound has broken its bond with the GPU and heatsink face. So removing heatsink to GPU and removing old compound or heatpad and then new night fix it if the fan is fine and heatsink not clogged up.

Right off the bat I noticed that the main fan in the front of the case is not working at all, the temperature did go down on the gpu, but not by much.
Everything is clean I air out everything in the computer once a month and I just did it the other day.
Now with the heatsink I do need to check on all of that tomorrow.