Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where do you find Start up menu on Windows 10?  (Read 4371 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Where do you find Start up menu on Windows 10?
    « on: February 16, 2016, 02:15:09 AM »
    I have a program that loads up when I turn my computer on.  I don't need it to do that and I cannot for the life of me find where the start-up menu is.  I've been all over Microsoft searching for it, but I can't even get an explanation there.  In the old version, you just click the Start button, scroll down to Startup and whatever is there you don't want, you delete it.  What's up with Windows 10?  I know I'm not real computer smart, but this should be simple.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Where do you find Start up menu on Windows 10?
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 02:31:26 AM »
    You can use the Startup Tab in Task Manager to manage Startup Items. It will show items that are starting from a number of locations, not just the Startup folder.

If you want to specifically see that startup folder, you can open Windows Explorer and paste "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" into the Location Bar/Address Bar and press enter.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »
      Thanks BC_Programmer!  How in the world do you know stuff like that???  I really am more computer stupid than I thought!  I guess you can't really teach an old dog new tricks and expect them to retain that information!  Some people just "get it" with computers, obviously I am not one of those!  Again, a million thanks!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 06:23:34 PM »
      How in the world do you know stuff like that???
      For the saner among us, Computers are means to an end. For me, they are only the beginning.

That, and spending most of my waking hours for over ten years now doing something on one. But that doesn't sound as profound.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.