Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Registry repair  (Read 6687 times)

jimbetsie

Registry repair
« on: July 28, 2004, 07:44:38 AM »
Does anyone know of a Free Scan AND fix registry scan program.I have found many free scans but they don't repair.Thier must be one out there some place

Raptor

Re: Registry repair
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 08:41:23 AM »
List the ones you have tried.

I use Advanced System Optimizer(Registed), System Mechanic(Registered)  and Regseek(Free) however, I believe all of them 'remove' rather than 'repair'.

Removing must be considered repairing. It solves the problems I have, so, yes, I also consider it repairing.

jimbetsie

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 08:55:22 AM »
Thank You Raptor,I have tried system mechanic,and others unfortionatly I can't remember any now,when I do I'll get back with you.I got them from "only free ware" and some other free sites.If I had a memory longer than 5 min.I would be a genus LOL not a good spelling one

jimbetsie

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 09:50:22 AM »
Hi Raptor,I forgot yes deleting, i believe is repairing.I downloaded regseek and scanned my Registry I have 7++ bad files but I don't know how to delete them,They are all unused or obsolete files.I'll back them up for now anyway if I can find out how to delete the

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 12:37:51 PM »
In Regseek, you 'repair' the Registry as you would edit text.

Select the files you want removed (Click on the first entry, hold shift and click on the last entry will select them all.) and press delete.

The ... 'basic' buttons are used for Regseeker.

jimbetsie

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 05:51:20 AM »
Thanks again Raptor,I appreciate all the help.I've been on line about 6 years now and learned a lot but I'm still a begginner.I foun out that I already had down loaded a registry repair tool and didn't realize it .It's called crap cleaner.It will not hurt to have 2 I hope

2k dummy

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 10:42:32 AM »
Just don't try to run them both at the same time. You also might want to check out RegClean. It is from MS and seems to work well. Any entries that it removes are saved to a file and dated so can be restored if necessary.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 05:48:15 PM »
There is not much use in running them both at the same time. I have found the one that is the most demanding to go entirely slow down the other.