Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cant open explorer! help!!  (Read 4868 times)

stephanie chartrand

cant open explorer! help!!
« on: July 29, 2004, 04:55:26 PM »
Okay... well i might as well explain it all.... First my ie will not open at all....but msn explorer and msn and evrything else works fine.... but then msn explorer started not working so restarted the computer and now it tells me that i'm working offline on internet explorer and wont let me get on msn or anything....And i cant change it because it wont even open!!! but outlook express and kazaa still work... its all so confusing!! ???
Help me plez!!!!

Raptor

Re: cant open explorer! help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 05:21:46 PM »
Kazaa still works? Ofcourse, how else do you think Internet Explorer stopped working.

Remove Kazaa (Do humanity a favour) and read through this post: Please Read This First - Viruses & Spyware (Click here.)

It will tell you about the different programs that may help you solve your problems.

stephanie chartrand

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 05:41:04 PM »
oh and i've tried scanning for viruses many times... and it says i have none...

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 04:52:26 AM »
Adware and Trojans still remain. I suggest you use a different virus scanner (If you are not going to name what you have used, how do you expect us to help you?)

I suggest you download the latest security updates from Microsoft.com (Again, we require a name. What OS are you using?).

Also, clean the registry and remove redundant files.