Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: armada laptop  (Read 2275 times)

jafattz

armada laptop
« on: December 22, 2005, 02:43:14 PM »
 Compaq Armada 7400                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  When I switch the machine on the power led ,battery and drive access light come on for about 1 second then go out . The caps lock ,scroll lock and number lock lights come on and stay on. There are 4 beeps, gradually decreasing in length,and the screen stays blank.It's a new battery and hard drive and I've tried all combinations of battery in ,out AC adaptor in ,out and floppy in and out .I had the memory tested and it's ok.The processer heats up so there is power to it. I've tried another cpu from a working machine but still have the same problems.To switch it off I have to press CTrL while holding the power switch. It's an old laptop so I am willing to experiment with it if anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing this problem.
It has a P11 300 cpu .
Any help would be appreciated before it drives me maaaad.