Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LCD Monitor won't turn on?  (Read 2681 times)

Christian Mason

LCD Monitor won't turn on?
« on: December 22, 2005, 03:21:22 PM »
I have a MAG 17" LCD monitor that's done alright by me for a couple of years now, but it has recently refused to turn on. What actually happens is, if I plug it into it's power supply/AC adapter, the power button will turn on and then blink off every few seconds. Holding the button in keeps it on steadily, and hitting the button repeatedly (which I found out accidentally in a frustrated state) will turn it off at which point I think I hear a faint whine inside the monitor itself. Whatever I do, no image at all comes up on screen - not even the "no input" or whatever flashes at first when it's not plugged into the computer.

I am thinking perhaps it is the external adapter, which would be nice because then I can simply replace that bit and not worry about a new monitor. But I'm worried and don't really know what to do other than search for another adapter, which might take a while, so I wanted to ask these forums first. thanks