Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: JavaScript Pop-Ups  (Read 5312 times)

Matt T.

JavaScript Pop-Ups
« on: August 04, 2004, 08:43:11 AM »
My computer got hacked into when my firewall was down, so i had to start my PC over from scratch. I've been re-downloading programs that i had before. Now, i can't open the Javascript pop ups. I don't know what program i need to do so. I know that my computer can because before my drive's were erased i was able too. I'm really confused and i would really appreciate some help. thank-you!

merlin_2

Re: JavaScript Pop-Ups
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 01:29:33 PM »
  click the tabs for tools /internet/options/advanced defaults settings and the security tab click do the same in there what system are you using...

Matt R.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 01:44:17 PM »
Im using windows XP, internet explorer.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 01:48:36 PM »
m$oft has disowned java you could download this plug-in >http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp  or try firefox or avant browsers intead of ie..?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 01:49:33 PM by merlin_2 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 02:03:20 PM »
    Matt T........open your browser.....click on tools/internet options...then select the advanced tab.......scroll down and see if you see either Java [Sun]  or just below it may be Microsoft VM ..... If one or the other isnt there , you can get microsoft vm from the Ms update site .....If your drive was wiped clean there will be a lot of upgrades to D/L . To get Sun Java .....go to http://wwws.sun.com/software/download/   click on the Java technology ...Get it free link  .......this should solve your problem ..

Hope this helps
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.