Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GeForce 6200 problem with 3D  (Read 2669 times)

cocopeanut

GeForce 6200 problem with 3D
« on: December 28, 2005, 08:46:32 AM »
I have a Xmdia (NVIDIA) GeForce 6200 graphics card.
When I install it onto my computer, all my 3D graphics are distorted and corrupt. I first noticed it with the 3D Windows Screensaver that tells me the time (standard in XP) and then I tried playing World of Warcraft and it was completely messed up. I tried running dxdiag tests but they just confirm that my 3D doesn't work. I tried repairing DirectX and disconnecting my 2nd CD-ROM thinking it was a power issue, but no luck. I also upgraded my BIOS. And "turned off" the onboard display adapter in BIOS. STILL no luck. I reinstalled the Nvidia Driver from the website. Nono.

I have:
Computer: HP Pavilion a700n
Processor: 2.10 Ghz AMD Athlon XP
Memory: 1.5 Gb of RAM
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut 2.02
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.15 06/06/2005
Onboard Video Adapter: VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP

Your help is appreciated. :)
-=-Oscar-=-

go2doug1

Re: GeForce 6200 problem with 3D
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 09:11:10 AM »
Open the Device Manager and check the line for "display adapters". There should be no question marks or exclamation points there.

Did you try installing the latest version of DirectX?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3F2828FA-0E3C-4837-AFC0-6C67DCAA54BF&displaylang=en

I also see that the GeForce 6200 is at least a year old. Did you install a new or used one?

Here's a link to further tech support if your problem isn't resolved here:

http://www.xmdia.com/support.html

cocopeanut

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 10:09:49 AM »
I do have the latest version of DirectX. And there are no problems in my Device Manager. I've tried contacting Xmdia but they keep telling me "Nono, tech support not in...please call back later" in foreign accents. It's driving me crazy.

And I purchased this card new at Microcenter.

Thanx,
-=-O-=-

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 07:53:23 PM »
Start/Run and type in dxdiag and press enter. What do you get?

royphil345

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:12:45 PM »
Did you uninstall the drivers for the on-board video before installing the new card? Uninstall the on-board video from the Windows Device Manager before installing the new card? Install new card with power supply unplugged or turned off?

Sounds like the card may be defective.