Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio Problem!  (Read 4232 times)

Nuff_Said

Audio Problem!
« on: August 05, 2004, 10:25:11 PM »
First off I really hope this goes in this section. If not I'm very sorry.

Anyways here is my problem, I just bought I very nice and some what expensive computer because my old one crapped out on my. It has a DVD/CD Burner. I have been making backups of my DVD and CD's because I have had to rebuy multiple copys of the same thing because of scratches and stuff. Anyways that is not the problem. I just think that might be something that caused the problem. Anyways The computer came with 7.0 or 7.1 surrond sound with and AMP. After only 5 days of owning the computer I have run into a problem.

At first I thought it was just the burnt copy of my DVD's but then I found out it is every movie I put in my computer to watch. Anyways, everytime I put a movie in my computer to watch it all I get it the sound effects/Music/and anything else that is in the background. I do not get any of the verbal sound that should be coming out of the mouths of the actors. So in other words I'm just watching a movie with no sound except the background noise.

My speakers still work fine because I can play music on them and stuff like that. But everytime I try to watch a movie the same problem accures. Does anyone know what has happend or how to fix it? I really dont want all of my hard earned money to go to waste.

merlin_2

Re: Audio Problem!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 04:33:59 AM »
codecs is the key>http://www.free-codecs.com/

Nuff_Said

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 07:19:29 AM »
Ok never mind I found out that it was not my computer that had the problem but in fact it was PowerDVD. I tryed one of my burned DVD's on my Windows Media Player and it worked fine. Then I tryed the same DVD with PowerDVD and there was no sound. So that is my problem.

If anyone knows how to fix that I would really appreciate it because I like using PowerDVD, you get a full screen using that.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 08:36:34 AM »
You can also set Windows Media Player to show a full screen. Obviously, you have not looked beyond PowerDVD. Windows Media Player offers many more options than PowerDVD.

I suggest you update PowerDVD or reconfigure it.

Nuff_Said

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 09:27:30 PM »
Yeah I know I can do full screen with WMP but everytime I do it keeps the Play/Stop/Skip buttons showing which is kinda annoying. There is probably a way to get ride of it but im not smart at all.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 06:54:55 AM »
By not placing your mouse on any of the panels in fullscreen (Center it on the middle of the screen) and not moving your mouse or touching your keyboard the panels should dissapear.

You donot have to be smart to do so, you only have to know how to do it. I suggest you look into Windows Media Player, there are some very useful extensions avaible.

Nuff_Said

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 10:40:42 AM »
Hey Thanks alot. I'm so glad I found this forum its been such a big help to me. :)