Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: where is the network card located?  (Read 4439 times)

computer_hopeless2

where is the network card located?
« on: January 09, 2006, 04:50:02 PM »
alright, so lets give ya a little rundown, ive finally gotten win98 installed onto my crappy computer which now dosent have the driver for the network card.  So someone who knows absolutely nothing about computers opens up the side of the tower to see a whole lot of wires and chips...so do ya think i can find the network card to figure out what the name is so i can download it????  ummm nope....do you guys know where i can find the network card, what it looks like and where i can go to download the drivers....thanks a million, brandee

GX1_Man

Re: where is the network card located?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 06:40:52 PM »
Brandee-

See your other post. What we need to know is the make and model of your computer or motherboard. You can download and run (free) a program call Everest Home that will electronically name it also.

This page is in German, the program is not. Choose download 1. This is getting hard to find so SAVE THIS FILE!!!! You will need it again someday.

http://www.soft-ware.net/system/steuerung/benchmark/download.asp?code=bacb&pro=p04240&js=true&flvers=5&lang=en-us&alt=false&sw=1024&sh=768&br=IE&vers=6