Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A very odd Outlook problem  (Read 2665 times)

Neos

A very odd Outlook problem
« on: January 11, 2006, 04:22:39 PM »
I will make this as short as possible. First post.

I needed to set my store folder for my messages to a folder in D drive (C:\ is for the OS). In doing this succesfully, I have this set of extra Personal Folders that is still linked to C:\, but cannot be accessed or deleted. I have attached a pix of the desktop.

This Personal Folders is linked to the default address in C. It has the minimum files in it, so it is not really a problem. I would just like to get this right.

I have deleted MS Office completely (twice), and cleaned all that I can find off of C & D drives, but when I re-install - it is the same. I can't seem to get it to the empty start version of Outlook.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Neos

Re: A very odd Outlook problem
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:33:36 PM »
Got it fixed.

I had tried all, to no avail - deleting and re-installing. This time I deleted all of Office, done a scan with Registry Mechanic, and then re-installed Office - changing the default folder to D:\Program Files\M S Office.

Oh, almost forgot. Before I re-installed it this time - I also did a regedit, and deleted most of what applied to Outlook.

Take care.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 09:34:34 PM by Neos »

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    Re: A very odd Outlook problem
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:37:42 PM »
    Very good that you share the solution with us. Welldone!
    thanks
    Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!