Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop Not Powering On  (Read 1946 times)

baileyliz

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Laptop Not Powering On
    « on: April 09, 2019, 05:17:29 PM »
    My Asus Chromebook C202S has the power light on, but isn't turning on or charging.  I've tried holding the power button for as long as a minute but nothing happens.  When I open the laptop up and unplug the battery, the light goes out, but when I try plugging in the charger in that state the light turns back on, otherwise no response.  Is there a fix for this?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Laptop Not Powering On
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 07:05:53 PM »
    Chromebooks being as low cost as they are. They have turned into pretty much throw-aways when this sort of problem happens.

It could be something as simple as the power button not making the connection to boot it, but its more likely that this chromebook has a bigger problem going for it.

If you were able to get a low cost donor like for $20 with a known good keypad/keyboard but other issue, you could try swapping this out if your skilled at opening it and swapping the keypad/keyboard to it. But no guarantee that this will fix your issue.

Myself if it were mine, I'd buy a new one for like $199 and not take the gamble with throwing parts at it to fix it which are non-returnable if they are not the cure. Your documents hopefully were all saved under a Google Account anyways so its likely that no important data remains on it.