Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Duo OS on my PC  (Read 2309 times)

King_Richjard

Duo OS on my PC
« on: January 16, 2006, 05:28:41 AM »
Hi,

I have partitioned my hard drive. I installed Win2K on one partition and WinXP on the other. When I restart, I have a choice of either OS When I start Win2K, everything seen to work well, but when I try to start up with WinXP, it give me this message "Windows2000 could not start because the following file is missing or corrupted \windows\system32\config\systemd".  :o

I consulted the MS knowledge base, It wasn't any help. Perhaps some of you can help.

Thank you in advance.

Richard.

King_Richjard

Re: Duo OS on my PC
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:09:35 AM »
Hi Mac,

Thanks for the quick answer. My HD has 80G, I partitioned a third of it as C drive which is where I installed WinXP and 2 third of it as D drive which is where Win2K installled.  Do you think that's the problem?

BTW, oth OSs are Pro, not te Home version.

I guess I don't know enough partition, when I install WinXP, I just folllowed the instruction oof the XP cd to make the partition as MS knowledge base suggested,
did I do it wrong? I don't undersxtand what this First Logical, Second Logical... mean? What do they mean?  :-?

How do I make a copy oof the boot.ini file?

Thanks again.  :)

Richard.

King_Richjard

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:35:16 AM »
Hi Mac,

OK,  I will start all over again. Back to the drawing board.  :'(

I will bug you again if you don't mind.  :D

Richard.

King_Richjard

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 01:53:13 PM »
Hey Mac,

You were right. I switched  the OS with Win2k first and XP on the second partition, now it works beautifully.  :P

Thank you so much for the help.

Richard.   :)

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 01:54:32 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know this resolved your issue.  ;D
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

King_Richjard

Re: Dual OS on my PC
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 02:45:40 PM »
Oh, btw, "What did the MS KB Article suggest you do? "

Well, it guilded me through the partition process with WinXP but it didn't mention that the older OS should be in the  first partition.  >:(

Richard.