Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Read me updated  (Read 4234 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Read me updated
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:12:56 PM »
The official "Please read this first" has been updated. Below is a listing of some of the changes I hope will not only improve users posts but also improve membership and the overall ease of the forum.
  • No more long URL's posted, created hyperlinks for all related links.
  • Added notice about membership being required for users who may not know.
  • Changed the long number format of GX1_Man's original post to a bullet format to keep it compact and to help not intimidate the users with too much text to read.
  • Created a link to the Spyware/Virus Q&A forum post instead of just mentioning the suggestion.
  • Moved the request for users to post their system specification to the top of the list since it seems to be the biggest issue I hear of.
If you're a new member and found something hard or confusing in getting setup with the forum please post your comments and I'll see if I can add it to the read me so other users may not be confused.

If you're a frequent forum user and have additional suggestions or things you see happening that would be beneficial to add to this post feel free to post your suggestions here.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 03:16:17 PM by admin »
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Blackberry

Adviser
  • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
    Re: Read me updated
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:43:50 AM »
    • Created a link to the Spyware/Virus Q&A forum post instead of just mentioning the suggestion.

good idea, but can everybody acces that link, because when i'm loged out, and i try to click on that link i get the message:
    You are not allowed to access this section. and you said something that only four stars members or higher can only acces that, so it isn't really a solution for newbies to set that link, if they can't acces it i think
    Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
    • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:50:50 AM »
    Thanks for bringing that issue to my attention Blackberry, issue should now be resolved.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Blackberry

Adviser
    • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
      « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 08:55:48 AM »
      Thanks for bringing that issue to my attention Blackberry, issue should now be resolved.
      yap, i tested it, and it works, now you just have to change the description from => A place for senior forum members to a place for al registered members or something
      Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
      • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      « Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 09:10:06 AM »
      Ironically I'm doing a lot of changes to the main page which include changing the discriptions as we speak. So this will be changed.  ;D

Mentions of the updates will be posted in the 2006 forum post.
      -Albert Einstein