Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: win 10 won't boot after update  (Read 6006 times)

IronRook

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Experience: Experienced
    win 10 won't boot after update
    « on: August 07, 2019, 07:42:09 AM »

I updated yesterday and now it boot's to the win logo and does nothing.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Complaining below:
    I think I'm just totally done with windows this time . Last time it updated it ate my word program and others.
    Can't believe they can still sell this stuff. Sorry for the negative but geesh, mainstream company and I have had nothing but trouble with win 10.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: win 10 won't boot after update
    « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 07:02:01 PM »
    Can you get it to boot into safe mode as well as do you have your recovery media to rebuild clean if you need to?

Only problem I have really run into with Windows 10 was a Laptop I bought in 2009 that came with Windows 7 32-bit and 3GB RAM, and the touchpad driver malfunctions and makes Windows 10 not usable after its first update after clean build.

What make/model computer are you using with Windows 10?

bkdroid13

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 11:32:00 PM »
      Watch this video FIX Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1-ayuDXP3c. This video very helped to me

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 12:24:01 AM »
      Watch this video FIX Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1-ayuDXP3c. This video very helped to me

Nobody in this thread ever mentioned that STOP code in any way or even referenced having any sort of BSOD at all. If they had, though, disabling the pagefile isn't a fix, because the only instance in which the pagefile is related to the error is if it is caused by a corrupted pagefile, which would generally mean the drive is failing. Even with a pagefile disabled, the STOP codes can easily continue if the underlying cause was a CPU or memory problem or was a result of a driver bug.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.