Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help me!!!!  (Read 2751 times)

really_stupid

Please help me!!!!
« on: August 08, 2004, 11:10:13 AM »
I'm quite stupid, I don't even understand where this question should be posted, or even if it will make sense to anybody, anyway, here goes...
I have Kazaa and I want to make some music CDs. The problem is the CD drive on the computer which all my music is stored on doesn't work. Is there anyway I could use the DVD drive to make CDs? Or will I have to transfer all my music to my other computer which can make CDs? In the second case, which is the best way to do this, by floppy disk, e-mail myself the songs or what? There are literally hundreds of songs to transfer (if need be).
I hope somebody will understand this question, and help me!
Thanks x

Raptor

Re: Please help me!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 11:43:53 AM »
I donot believe you can write CD's with a DVD-Writer, I do believe there are combo-writers avaible.

I suggest you remove the malfunctioning CD-ROM Writer/Reader and install a new one. This would be the easiest solution to your problem.

You could also take out your harddisk and connect it to the computer as a slave and copy music as you normally would.

Most E-mail providers donot offer enough filespace to transfer large files.

Floppies are not capable of transfering larger files than 1.44MB. With the exception of even smaller disks.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 01:53:51 PM »
why not get youself another hard drive a transfer them  or transfer your files to a dvd/r disk and get the right software to play them back like power dvd ..

answer_seeker

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 03:57:50 PM »
I don't really know what the problem is on your CD drive, really_stupid. But why don't you try to reinstall the driver for that cd drive, it might be caused by driver problem. You can use literally hundreds of program to burn your music to CD: Nero, CDex, Jukebox, even Windows Media Player. If you want to send the music by email, it will take long time and a lot of effort. I used free yahoo service as my email server. It can load up to 10 MB of file per send message. One other solution, you can use a USB drive to transfer it.

jonah

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 10:27:56 PM »
There are DVD-RW drives that can burn CDs, but Iagree with Raptor about getting a new CD-RW. If your drive is bad, you will have to get one anyway. Also, an external hard drive is a good alternitive, I keep my data files on one.

Another choice would be to get an utility to transfer files between PCs, e.g PC CLone (~$30) This is from CompUSA

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50333590&pfp=BROWSE

There are other similar products out there, look around.

btw; It's good for transferring Gigs of files from an old computer to a new one, that is the original intent. ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 10:43:25 PM by jonah »

Joleen

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 05:54:06 AM »
And get rid of Kazaa.  It's chock full of spyware and crap.  If you absolutly need Kazaa use Kazaa Lite.

robertmillar

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 06:19:03 AM »
If you absolutly need Kazaa use Kazaa Lite

Which is an illegal hacked version of Kazaa

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=kazaalite

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 11:54:28 AM »
I am quit confident that Kazaa itself is not quite legal as well.