Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Frequency Out of Range  (Read 4512 times)

Chrissy Jorich

Frequency Out of Range
« on: August 08, 2004, 06:56:49 PM »
[glb][/glb]
I restored my old computer and it sat in a box for about a year. I got it out and used it for a week and it was fine. One night i turned it on and it was beeping and the screen was blinking "Frequency Out of Range" and then it shuts off... I have tried everything I know to attempt to make it go away but nothing works... Please help!

Raptor

Re: Frequency Out of Range
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »
I have had that error when I attempted to use a resolution not supported by my monitor. However, this was during a game of Unreal 2: The Awakening and reinstalling the game solved the problem.

You could try to uninstall your videocard, clean it and then place it back in.

When does the error occur? Immediatly when you turn on the computer or when it attempts to boot into the operating system?

johnwill

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 09:23:51 AM »
Boot it in Safe Mode and adjust the display resolution to something supported by the monitor.

Chrissy Jorich

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 02:29:22 PM »
It comes up as soon as I turn the computer on... I got it in safemode once and there was a power failure before i got to change anything and I dont remember how to get to safemode...

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 02:39:34 PM »
safe mode is when booting pc hit the f8 key by keep tapping it...type dxdiag in the run box  for a graphics check if you can... the beeping you mention maybe related to your graphic card  do you know which one you have?when you say restored it what have you done added hardware?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 02:50:22 PM by merlin_2 »

ChrissyJorich3

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 08:29:47 PM »
Uhh I have no idea what kind of "graphic card I have" and by restored i mean i took disks and made it the way i was when i bought it.

ChrissyJorich3

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 08:40:49 PM »
Hey Everyone... I have fixed my problem. I put my computer in safe mode and restored it to a time before it went crazy. Thanks for all your help!

johnwill

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 02:12:36 PM »
I seem to recall a recommendation for safe mode early in the conversation.  ;)