Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Formatting CDs always fails to complete on Win 7 & Win XP.  (Read 12184 times)

Gable

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Retired Mainframe Programmer Analyst
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Formatting CDs always fails to complete on Win 7 & Win XP.
« on: November 19, 2019, 12:12:54 PM »
I bought about 20 new 702 MB CDs and they have ruined 4 of them for saving or writing anything on them. They always eject the CD from the drive when formatting them, saying Windows was unable to complete the format. Now my Win7 reformatted an old CD that I managed to copy 4 files to, leaving only the old original file on it. I SUSPECT that it has made that CD and my 4 new CDs into write protected. I hate Win 7, it does what it wants. Anyone know how to make them writeable again let please let me know, I'm supposed to be retired but I've spent 2 full days trying to resolve this problem. Thanks, Gable.     

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
Re: Formatting CDs always fails to complete on Win 7 & Win XP.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 03:55:41 PM »
Many players have issues with certain brands of media...borrow a few of another brand to test...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Gable

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Retired Mainframe Programmer Analyst
  • Computer: Specs
Re: Formatting CDs always fails to complete on Win 7 & Win XP.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »
Thanks for the info. I spent at least 2 days trying to resolve this problem. So, I gave up and bought a new USB for the Winows 10 I  just bought. I just posted my problem somewhere in Sotware. Thank, Gable.