Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: inundated with popups  (Read 14896 times)

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    inundated with popups
    « on: November 22, 2019, 11:48:53 PM »
    I am getting a profusion of adverts 30 or more when I open in the morning,  I have tried all sorts to no avail, even downloaded add guard, It claims to have blocked hundreds, yet I am still getting them, I use google chrome, in the settings it is supposed to block adds, but it does not, I update and run microsoft essentials regularly,  what is the solution? An answer would be greatly appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: inundated with popups
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 05:59:07 PM »
    I'd download and install and run a full scan of Malwarebytes to see if you have malware going on as the trigger for this issue.

Free Edition Here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

14-Day Trial of Premium can be used and when time is up you can switch it to free as long as its a home computer and not a business computer according to the licensing they have.

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 08:51:36 PM »
      I have downloaded several anti malware programs an run scans , it just does not work,  Asking for info from sites brings no response that helps,   I am at a loss as to what to do next surely someone has had this problem, I thought I had got it beat by downloading Google Beta, but no , those adds keep coming.

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 12:47:29 AM »
        Not sure what I deleted in the settings bu thank the lord the problems gone at the cost of having to log in again on all the sites i use, thanks for your help..

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 09:05:54 PM »
        Odd that you had something that was able to hide from the scan(s). Glad your issue is fixed.