Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gave up Windows 10 backup, new problem installing HP printer.  (Read 16355 times)

Gable

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Retired Mainframe Programmer Analyst
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Gave up Windows 10 backup, new problem installing HP printer.
« on: December 14, 2019, 03:46:28 PM »
Windows 10 wants hard drive backup but fails to schedule date & time. I'm not going to try to install or buy a 2nd hard drive for my Laptop.  If it fails I wont be re-installing Windows 7 either, I deleted that already. Worst comes I'll re-install Windows 10 from it's USB stick. To heck with a backup.

My new problem now is trying to get my older HP printer installed into Windows 10. I have the model number which Windows can't find and HP's Web address but can't register it in Windows for some reason. I've spent several hours trying to install the HP printer and failed.

I would prefer a solution to this problem comes from someone who has resolved any printer problem installation into Windows 10. No guesses please.
Thanks, Gable.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
Re: Gave up Windows 10 backup, new problem installing HP printer.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »
What printer ? ?...Hint ...never rely on Win drivers...they should come from HP only...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Gable

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 11:49:30 PM »
It's an HP DJ1000_J110 that was on my Windows 7 Laptop PC.  They were cheap so I bought 2 of them just to get the ink cartridges. After much messing around trying to install it into Windows 10 and failing I now know that it won't install on any system newer than Vista. So, I'm  giving up on that approach.

If I really need to print something I can copy it to one of my USB sticks and move it to my Windows XP desktop PC and print it from there.

My next move will be to contact HP's www.hp.cpm and get a version downloaded from them that will run on Windows 10.
That's all for this problem now, so bye until my next Win 10 problem, I'm sure to have some.
Gable.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 08:06:56 PM »
Check out this link too, another one of HP's pages for your printer (related to the one Lisa_maree posted in her prior post)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-1000-printer-series-j110/4066042/model/4066376

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 09:46:45 PM »
As above but both our links were for 64 bit Windows you will need to select a different version and then windows 10 32 if you are running 32 bit windows
Here is the 32 bit drivers
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-1000-printer-series-j110/4066042/model/4066376/swItemId/dj-109018-2
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

Gable

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 04:54:58 PM »
I give up trying to install my HP 1000 series J110 printer on Windows 10. I just wasted another 6 hours of it failing to get it to be recognized by Windows 10 even though the CD that contains the HP software was up and running.
After deleting my free AVG virus detecting software and according to Microsoft Edge software it should detect any viruses every week or so, which is what I thought might have infected my Windows 10. But, that's not the case.
I have come to the conclusion that I will only use my older HP  printer on my Windows XP computer and if need be copy files from the Win10 to the Win XP for printing using by USB sticks.
So my next step will be to see if I can purchase a small cheap printer from Walmart that will be recognized by Win 10. That's where I bought my 2 HP printers from, one is my backup in case the other one dies. Maybe, there will be an Xmas sale on. Thanks for any help, bye for now.
Gable       

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 05:20:31 PM »
Gable,
You must go ti the  HP site.  Your problem is considered there. They know about it.